The heart of a volunteer is not measured in size, but by the depth of the commitment to make a difference in the lives of others. ~ DeAnn Hollis
We are still accepting applications for veterinarians, vet nurses and vet students who want to work at the EHF Clinic and on EHF VET TREKS® in 2013.
We need veterinarians with three or more years experience (including surgical experience) throughout 2013.
Join our brilliant clinic team in treating more than 3,000 animals annually who, without our combined efforts, would have no place to turn if they are injured, sick or starving.
If you can help, and are ready to join the more than 300 veterinarian volunteers and hundreds of additional EHF veterinary professionals from around the globe who have traveled to the Cook Islands to make a permanent improvement in the lives of thousands of animals and their communities, please request the EHF Application Protocol using the request form below. With your request please include:
- CV/Resume (Including contact information for two professional references.)
- Dates you would like to volunteer
All volunteers work at the direction and under the auspices of the EHF Board and President. They function within the organizational structure, protocols, policies and programs determined by the Foundation in compliance and in agreement with Cook Islands authorities. There is no financial compensation for volunteering.
- Volunteers volunteer from two weeks to one year.
- All volunteers share in the maintenance responsibilities of the animals, clinic & EHF residence.
Volunteers work as a team, expectations vary depending on the situation and flexibility is a key ingredient to a successful and enjoyable experience. The work, especially with fish poisoning patients at the Esther Honey Clinic on Rarotonga, can be exhausting. The hours devoted to any worthwhile task can sometimes be long and the conditions challenging, but most volunteers find that the rewards outweigh any personal discomfort.
Our clinic is open 7 days a week (weekends primarily for emergencies, in-patient care and clinic maintenance). Rosters allow volunteers when possible (Keeping in mind that unanticipated circumstances can intervene) to have two days off per week. Volunteers may be rostered to work weekends. Our standard hours are from 8.00am to 5.00pm.
- to work full days, five days a week. (EHF’s residence, clinic and animals require maintenance on weekends too.)
- to be available for emergencies if needed.
- to remain on site during the time that they are scheduled to volunteer unless prior arrangements are made.